Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sent to Coventry... to see Black Carrot and Evan Parker/Ned Rothenberg...

What a cheap joke - the type I love so much. Got to Coventry, a place I haven't been to for a good few years – lots of hustle and bustle, stacks of building works- seems a busy place... this town doesn't seem to be a ghost town any more... to carry on the eighties theme I seem to be locked in recently...

Found the Britannia Hotel at the back of the Cathedral – there seems to be an area of the old town still intact from before the WW11 devastations which I might explore tomorrow morning. The room is big and clean – a good deal for the price and late booking. So I'm sitting in the bar having a Guinness and checking out the locals – seems to be a jolly afternoon – the sun is shining, maybe the summer has come at last.
A small kip, perhaps - then off into the Coventry night to find improvised wahoo...

No comments: